Monday, November 1, 2010

Who I am starts with who I've been...

I've never been one for constant blogging. Attempts were made in the past to no avail, and to be honest, I don't see this one ending much differently. Start off strong, waver off, slight re-peak and then completely drop off the map. It's a standard blog graph really.


But you never know. I've made a goal for myself for this month, so I at least know November will be a constant stream. Even if no one reads this, it's something I'm doing for me more than for you anyways (selfish, I know). My goal is to post a photo a day for the month of November. I was inspired by all of my amazing friends who love photography, as well as this neat 30 Day Speed Creating Project

As most know reading this, I recently moved to Toronto for a work term at the Hospital for Sick Kids. The experience is something I would never trade for anything, but sometimes living in a new city and not knowing many people can result in a lack of things to do. I figure this is a great way to share my Toronto experience with friends that I am now distanced from. This is going to be a story of who I am, who I want to be, and who I've been. The photos will be of things that have meaning to me, of places that I go regularly or just something that catches my eye. So I figured why not start out with something simple, and showing aspects of who I've been. You can't have a future if you don't have a past.

November 1

This picture is my bulletin board. Tickets to various events such as a Matt & Kim concert, or the musical Wicked, my golden goggles from orientation week, and a photo of someone who means the world to me; this represents who I've been. What has made me who I am. What I like, how I spend my time, and what is important to me. I truly believe it's important to know about someone's past to know where they're coming from, and be able to see why they are the way that they are.

Photo 1 is not the most exhilarating photo. It is not the highlight of this album that is going to be my November. But it is an introduction, a bit of insight as to who I am. It's all in the journey, and this is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment